Endodontic Associates, P.A.
Understanding your insurance coverage can be quite challenging. Our goal is to assist you in maximizing your benefits. We take care of patients from many different companies. Employers pay an insurance premium for specific coverage that fits within their company’s budget. Each plan is slightly different in its covered services and the amount that they will pay for those services. Until we file a claim for treatment, we’ll never know exactly how much, or how little, a specific insurance plan will pay. Our commitment remains to recommend and provide that which is always in the best interest of the patient’s health, not what is covered by dental insurance. We encourage you to become familiar with your policy exclusions, deductibles and required co-payments.
Our courtesy service to you includes:
- We will electronically file your insurance within 24 hours of your appointment and request that your benefit’s payment be allocated to our office.
- At patient’s request, we will file pre-treatment or certain procedure estimates
- As a courtesy, we will re-file your insurance claim after an additional 45 days.
- We will only use ADA (American Dental Association) and AAE (American Association of Endodontists) guidelines for coding procedures and insurance claims.
Our expectations of each patient as the owner of the insurance policy:
- You are expected to pay any fees that may not be covered by your insurance plan at the time the services are rendered.
- Please understand that the insurance policy belongs to you and our office has no leverage to obtain payment from your insurance carrier.
- Each patient should be aware that dental insurance policies restrict payment for some services, use restricted fee schedules (called Usual and Customary Rates) and exclude some procedures based on prior conditions or length of time on the plan. All restrictions are based on the premium paid for the insurance and not our fees or recommended treatment.
- You are responsible for payment if the insurance company does not pay our office within 45 days.
You should keep our office informed of any changes in your insurance coverage or employment.
In most cases, we are able to do the root canal treatment in one visit on the day you are first scheduled to come in. However, we do prefer to schedule an evaluation first prior to more complicated procedures, such as retreatments, surgical endodontics, calcified canals, etc.
We make every effort to stay on schedule to minimize your waiting. Due to the very nature of the practice of Endodontics, i.e. emergency patients, and complications of treatment, your wait time may be extended. We appreciate your courtesy and understanding during these times.
Kindly provide at least 48 hours notice for any appointment that needs to be rescheduled. Appointments cancelled in less than 24 hours may be subject to a cancellation charge.
Endodontic Associates, P.A. is committed to providing you with the best possible care. In order to achieve this goal, we need your assistance and understanding of our payment policy.
- The fee for root canal treatment in this office is based upon the complexity of the tooth that is to be treated. All fees will be quoted prior to the start of treatment.
- It is the policy of this office that the full fee be paid at the completion of treatment. If you have dental insurance benefits, the payment of fees not covered by your insurance plan is due at the completion of treatment.
- For your convenience we accept cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover. Additionally, we have partnered with to offer our patients flexible payment plans to fit individual needs and financial circumstances. Click on the link below for more information on CareCredit®.